This image is published by The Donkey Sanctuary, under the terms of the Creative Commons Licence.
In the past, stone was quarried from this area for use in local buildings, including The Hermitage. It was carved in 1824 by Miss Leigh to improve the view! The bed and fireplace are still clearly visible inside.
The stone along this coastal stretch to Beer, has for hundreds of years been used by master masons and used in the construction of Exeter Cathedral.
The Hermitage is along Walk E - a bit of heritage.